- Read it
- What comes to mind for you in verse 2 about giving your life as holy living sacrifice in perspective of what Christ gave us? What would that look like? What could you sacrifice more of for God (time, money, etc.)?
- Verses 3 through 5 says In ONE Body of Christ. One Church those who follow Christ, not Churches, don’t bring division into the Church, bring it closer together. How are some ways you could do that?
- In verses 6-8 it is pretty much saying, what God has given you as a gift, use it, but use it with the best you can.
- Verse 10 Honor others above yourself, we need to be third. J.O.Y. Jesus, Others, then Yourself.
- Verse 8 says take responsibility serious; are there areas in your life that you could take responsibility more seriously?
- Memorize verse 12 it is a 9-11 kinda verse, in times of hurt or trouble or joy go to it and it’ll give you instruction.
- If someone is persecuting you, or is just rude to you we need to respond with love and not with evil or hate. What areas of your life is someone rude to you? How can you show them love?
- The final verse in Romans 12 says “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil by doing good.” Don’t focus on not doing evil, focus on doing good and you won’t do evil. If you are stuck in habitual sin don’t focus on constantly don’t sin don’t sin don’t sin, focus on Jesus Christ and when your eyes are glued on Christ it’s hard to look to sin to satisfy.
I live in Idaho so you've got to know I'm pretty hardcore. Grew up atheist with pretty strong hate towards God, whom I didn't believe was real. I am now and have been for the past three years been a disciple of Jesus. If Jesus Christ is all I have, I have all I need. I am currently a Sophomore at the College of Idaho, playing lacrosse and majoring in Religion. If you'd like prayer message me.Ask me anything
Page 1 of 1